Shoes Like Pottery are made entirely in Kurume, Japan, at a factory whose shoemaking heritage reaches back to the late 1800s. The name Shoes Like Pottery comes from the rubber vulcanizing processed used in their construction - each pair of shoes is fired in a kiln to bond the rubber together, creating a more durable one-piece outsole.
The uppers are a sturdy cotton canvas, with stainless eyelets and soft woven laces, sewn up in a minimalist low top style. They're finished with tasteful but minimal branding, a single teal rubber stamp on the outside heel and a matching blue sole that distinguish these as Shoes Like Pottery rather than mainline Moonstar sneakers.
Only available in full sizes. Runs slightly bigger than true to size, if you are between sizes, go down
- 100% cotton upper
- Heavy cotton canvas
- Vulcanized rubber outsole
- Kiln-fired for durability
- SLP Teal rubber stamp
- Runs slightly bigger than true to size, if you are between sizes, go down
- Made in Japan
We reference Brannock sizing for our footwear. The Brannock Device is the standard foot measuring tool for the world's footwear industry. Most better quality footwear stores will have one.
Only available in full sizes. Runs slightly bigger than Nike and Adidas sneakers.
If you are between sizes, size down.
Choose the same size as your Brannock device or Nike/Adidas Sneaker size.
Choose 0.5 size smaller than Brannock device or Nike/Adidas Sneaker size if you are between sizes.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.