These tees are a misprint - the artwork has the foliage from the Quarantine Tour Oakland tee. More tees with the correct artwork will be available in mid-October.
All profits from these tees will be paid to staff at our Oakland and Santa Fe stores.
With everything else happening in the world right now, it can be easy to lose sight of the pandemic that continues to rage around us. We’ve done a great job through the pandemic of supporting our team, and they’ve done a hell of a job persevering through some hard times. We’re running this tee (and one for our Santa Fe location) again to show our commitment to them by bolstering our staff’s pay.
All of the profits from these tees will go directly to our team as a bonus on top of their salaries. The profit is defined as everything left after fabric, sewing, shipping, credit card fees, and our 2% donation to charity.
The design brings together the Sukajan (an item of particular fascination within our shop) together with a commemoration of the tour of duty we’re all on right now.
The Sukajan style originates in the port city of Yokosuka - the name of the jacket is a portmanteu of Yokosuka and "Janpa" (the Japanesewasei-eigo, pseudo-anglicism of "jumper"). These jackets were originally taken home by US soldiers as souvenirs starting immediately post-WW2. In the 1970s, Japanese youth adopted the style as well.
This graphic is printed on the newest iteration of our Telegraph Tee, our simple classic t-shirt. These tees are 100% made in Los Angeles - the knitting, cutting, sewing, dyeing, screenprinting and woven labels are all done within a 25 mile radius of downtown Los Angeles.
Our previous tee factory went out of business during the pandemic (and took our labels and blank tees with them), so we’ve had to start over from scratch to continue our Telegraph Tee. Andrew from Freenote Cloth has done right by us, and donated many hours of his time to help us source new fabric and new sewing facilities in Los Angeles.
The fabric for the new version of the Telegraph Tee is a 8oz, 30/1 American-grown cotton spun, dyed, and knit in Los Angeles. The 30/1 count works like this - there's 840 yards of single-ply (that’s where the 1 comes from) cotton thread on a spool, and the number 30 refers to how many spools in a pound. The higher the number, the finer the yarn, and the softer the shirt. Above 40/1, the fabric becomes too fine to wear in most cases, and we chose 30/1 as a happy medium between a soft hand and a long life.
- All profits goes directly to our team
- 8oz 100% cotton fabric
- 30/1 yarn count jersey fabric
- Micro-denier damask weave labels
- True to size
- Wash cold, hang dry
- No shrinkage expected with cold wash and hang dry
- Made in Los Angeles
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Gen wears a size 40
Gen's sizing specs are:
6'1 and 180lbs
41" chest and 31" waist
True to size. No shrinkage expected with cold wash and hang dry.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.