Born from a mix of vintage sensibilities, practical need & the sort of madness it takes to want to produce anything the right way - Papa Nui makes some damn fine hats. Manufactured in Japan with the highest attention to detail and quality, with personality and a deliberate story behind each piece.
An exclusive collaboration between Papa Nui & Tony Sylvester (of AWMS), these hats represent a historical "what-if", existing in the present time as a garment that could have, but did not, exist during the US/Vietnam War era. Imagined to be worn by visiting US Congressmen & Journalists chronicling the pointless & ultimately doomed war.
The fabric is a 100% cotton tiger camouflage. Produced in Japan, this sturdy fabric breathes well, and will soften and fade over time with wear. Attached to each hat is a navy and red ribbon hat band, giving colorful contrast to simple drab body. Metal eyelets for ventilation can be found at both sides of the crown.
Each Hat includes a custom "UNITED PRESS INTERNATIONAL" patch that can be affixed to whatever you like.
Available in Medium (57-58cm) & Large (59-60cm). Wash cold, towel dry for no shrinkage. Wash hot, dry hot for shrinkage. Maximum stretch/shrinkage is approximately 1-1.5cm.
- 100% cotton
- Cotton Tiger Camo fabric from Japan
- Flat top bucket cap (as seen in "On Golden Pond")
- Metal eyelets for ventilation
- Cotton tape reinforced internal seams
- "UNITED PRESS INTERNATIONAL" patch included
- Ribbon band
- Custom woven labels
- Embroidered Hino Maru internal patch
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
Medium (57-58cm) & Large (59-60cm). Wash cold, towel dry for no shrinkage.
Model Eden-Marcel wears size Medium
Wash cold, towel dry for no shrinkage. Wash hot, dry hot for shrinkage. Maximum stretch/shrinkage is approximately 1-1.5cm.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.