Founded by Maida Branch (a born-and-raised Santa Fe native of Pueblo, Ute, and Genízara descent) in 2017, Maida Goods is a collective of Indigenous and Indo-hispanic artists producing remarkable handmade goods from silver, wool, wood, & clay. Every object is immediately identifiable as something special, produced in small batches and entirely by hand, there's a brilliant blend of creativity and craftsmanship in even the most simple item.
Started by three brothers in the year 1880, Los Gorras Blancas were a political vigilante group active in the territories that would go on to become the state of New Mexico until 1891. They fought to return stolen land to the native Mexican and Indigenous communities displaced by anglo squatters, tearing down fences, burning railroad ties, and scattering settler livestock.
Maida's "Don't Fence Me In" collection takes its inspiration from Los Gorras Blancas, reflecting on the barbed wire that stitched the open commons of New Mexico into a patchwork quilt of private rangeland and railroads. In honor of that past Land Back movement, Maida has reimagined barbed wire as a harmless accessory, shaping it from soft sterling silver.
Designed by Maida Branch and Ysidro Barela (who manages S&S Santa Fe), the Ysidro ring is handmade by silversmith Gino Antonio in Navajo Nation. Having inherited two professions from his grandfather, Dino practices both silversmithing and traditional horse healing.
Made from sterling silver wire, the ring forms a soft (but solid) loop with a single smooth "barb" at the top that is softened and rounded so as to not poke or prod. A small pendant hangs from the loop of each ring as well, with a tiny maker's mark stamped into it.
- .925 sterling silver
- Multiple sizes
- Single "barb"
- Not sharp
- Hanging pendant
- Designed by Maida Branch and Ysidro Barela
- Handmade by Gino Antonio in Navajo Nation
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.