Gary Eastman produces carefully thought-out reproductions of classic leather jacket. The Windward was produced by Montgomery Ward in the 1940s, and is known for being one of the great American leather jackets.
A substantial amount of detail goes into making this jacket as good as it is. The seaming used in much of the jacket is done in a specific style of top-stitching (American) that requires a special machine to accomplish, in this case a 1940's Union Special. It's often faked with two rows of flat-bed stitching, which does not produce nearly the same clean and strong seam.
The large outline pocket is piped with leather, sewn on with that American top-stitch. The quilted lining is 100% rayon satin backed with 3mm of 100% wool fill rather than cheap polyester hollow-fill. The half-belt back gives it a close fit, for a trim appearance and no drafts up the back.
It's sewn entirely at Eastman's workshop out of veg-tan aniline horsehide, with dull-nickel vintage zip, 100% cotton thread, 100% cotton drill pocket linings, and shuttle-loom woven labels.
Fit true to size, but trim and vintage. Consult the size chart to find your ideal fit.
- Italian, premium grade, veg-tanned, aniline Horsehide
- American top-stitched seams
- 100% quilted-rayon satin lining
- Lancer front closure
- Dull-nickel vintage metal zips
- True to size
- Made in England
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
All measurements are in inches.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.