Papa Nui is not your dad. Papa Nui is a brand and a man, both dedicated to a revival of military and surf culture from vintage times. After he designs a piece - which he does while bearing in mind a mixture of personal need and vintage inspiration - each item is manufactured in Japan with the highest attention to detail and quality. With a lot of personality, and a deliberate story behind each piece, Papa encourages you to join his battalion and charge forward to (sartorial) victory.
The Waikikian Cap is a deep fitting hat with a full visor, sewn up in a lightweight and breathable double face indigo cotton with a square weave. The Palaka check pattern gives a nod to fabrics popular with cane field workers following WWII. The visor turns up to reveal an Ocean blue poplin "flip up" should you be inclined to wear this cap in a more vintage style.
Available in Medium (57-58cm) & Large (59-60cm). Wash cold, towel dry for no shrinkage. Wash hot, dry hot for shrinkage. Maximum stretch/shrinkage is approximately 1-1.5cm.
- 100% cotton
- Double face square weave indigo cotton fabric
- Palaka check pattern
- Taped internal seams
- Ocean blue poplin flip up
- Cotton HBT sweatband
- Custom woven labels
- Embroidered Hino Maru internal patch
- Made in Japan
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.