Grant Stone was founded in 2016, but the groundwork for the company started being laid decades ago - when the son of a renowned New England boot-and-shoe salesman built a relationship with a shoe factory in China. Decades later, his son packed his bags and moved from Michigan to Xiamen, China, to work in that very same factory. Eight years after that, Grant Stone (the boot brand, there is no person named Grant Stone) was born.
Not interested in cutting corners or dropping prices, Grant Stone boots are made from the very best materials, sourced globally, & assembled utilizing difficult (but superior) construction methods to create a product that will speak for itself. Their relationship with the factory gives them incredible flexibility with their designs, leaving room to experiment and develop new processes on the workshop floor more quickly and easily than other brands.
The Traveler Penny says it all in the name: it's a Penny Loafer thats comfortable and sturdy enough to travel in. They're really suitable for year-round wear, and about as classic as it gets, with a sleek 360 degree goodyear flat welt and handsome moc stitched toe - they wear comfortably with socks or barefoot, and are extremely stylistically versatile.
These are built on Grant Stone's Alexander last, a custom D-width slip on last with a medium instep, comfortably roomy (but not wide) toe box, and a more narrow waist & heel. This last is quite accommodating for most feet, and generally fits best when taken 0.5 size smaller than your brannock size.
The leather is an extremely handsome bourbon cowhide suede from Charles F. Stead Tannery in Leeds, England. C.F. Stead are renowned for their unique and masterfully tanned leathers, particularly their different suede and exotic hides. The bourbon suede is no exception, with a remarkably soft hand and gorgeous color, it's immediately comfortably, requiring very little break-in to relax. The inside is further enhanced with a kip lining, to cradle your foot at all times.
Choose 0.5 size smaller than your Brannock size.
- Bourbon suede cowhide from C.F. Stead Tannery in England
- Full grain kip leather lining
- Grant Stone Alexander last
- Penny loafer pattern
- Moc toe
- 360 flat welt
- Grant Stone oil-dipped Butyl leather outsole + heel
- Veg tan leather insole and welt
- Cork fill & steel shank support beneath the insole
- No hardware
- Slip on
- Custom gold foil internal heel stamp
- Handmade in Xiamen, China
We reference Brannock sizing for our footwear. The Brannock Device is the standard foot measuring tool for the world's footwear industry. Most better quality footwear stores will have one.
Built on the Grant Stone Alexander Last
Need help with sizing? Contact us.
- Narrow and low volume feet:
- 0.5 size smaller than Brannock
- D-Width and average volume feet:
- 0.5 size smaller than Brannock
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.