The grain texture of horsebutt leather is highly variable, and may differ noticeably from boot to boot. We cannot ensure your boots will have more or less grain than what is photographed, and all pairs will be entirely unique. Caveat emptor.
Like so many of our favorite brands, Attractions was born from an appreciation of vintage clothing. Originally founded in 2006, Attractions began as a vintage reseller, importing pieces from the United States and the UK before starting their own production in 2011. Their experience in the vintage world provided them with the knowledge and inspiration necessary to develop their own styles, growing into an impressive and unique brand in a market saturated with alternatives.
With a deliberate focus on highly specific and often obscure styles from the last hundred years, Attractions produce some truly stellar and unique pieces, occupying a stylistic wheelhouse closely adjacent to "biker" but plainly distinct from other similar repro brands. Inspired by the progression of youth culture and style, Attractions infuse their own unique perspective into both the pieces they design and the ways they design them.
Run by a small team, Attractions produce (relatively) tight collections with fewer styles than many other brands, and outsource the logistical aspects of production to specifically selected factories around Japan. The reduced strain from not having to wrangle production allows Attractions to prioritize development, releasing exceptional styles in materials that can't be found anywhere else.
For our second collaboration, we started with Attraction's Lot. 444 Engineer Boots, an extremely handsome engineer block built on their A010 Specialty last. Cut with a sleek and flattering profile, they've got just the right amount of visual heft to them, and style handsomely with a wide variety of different trouser fits. The model 444 boots are made in Tokyo, by a factory that specializes in the production of work boots, and finished with a 270 degree Goodyear flat welt & heavy duty upper stitching.
They're made from an extremely handsome black tea core horsebutt, with a gentle shine and rich color that will patina beautifully over time. The leather is quite stiff initially, but over time will relax as it breaks in and takes the shape of your foot, while the black dye will wear down to reveal the natural brown core beneath. The expertly selected horsebutt will form appealing rolls as it wears in, differing from the more tight creases that aged cowhide will develop.
It's finished with the usual suspects of Engineer Boot trims: Vibram 705 half sole and 700 heel combo, solid brass buckles, and stamped leather insoles (with the S&S starburst logo). The Goodyear welt construction means that a trusted cobbler can rebuild these when the soles wear down, extending the lifetime indefinitely with proper care.
These boots are slim fitting, with lots of curves. According to Neil, they hug your foot like a racecar.
Choose 0.5 size smaller than your Brannock size for the best fit. See sizing info for more details.
- Exclusive S&S collaboration style
- Built on the Attractions A010 Specialty Last
- Black horsebutt upper leather
- 270 degree Goodyear flat welt
- Partially structured toebox
- Brass buckles
- Rolled shaft edges
- Steel shanks
- Oak bark tanned midsole and heel stack
- Vibram 705 half sole
- Vibram 700 heel with logger stack
- Custom S&S stamped insole
- Unlined shaft
- Tonal stitching
- Take 0.5 size smaller than Brannock
- Made in Japan
We reference Brannock sizing for our footwear. The Brannock Device is the standard foot measuring tool for the world's footwear industry. Most better quality footwear stores will have one.
Built on the Attractions A010 Specialty Last.
These boots are slim fitting, with lots of curves. According to Neil, it hugs your foot like a racecar. The instep height is on the lower side, but with a shape that results in them surprisingly easy to get on and off your feet.
These are a standard D-width engineer with a comfortable shaft and secure fit that only gets better over time as they take the shape of your feet. Featuring very typical sizing for a heritage boot, we suggest going 0.5 size down from Brannock for the best fit.
Need help with sizing? Contact us.
- Narrow and low volume feet:
- 0.5 size smaller than Brannock
- D-Width and average volume feet:
- 0.5 size smaller than Brannock
- E & EE-Width and high volume feet:
- Same size as your Brannock size
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.