Rolling Dub Trio are produced in small batches from the Tokyo-based "The Boots Factory", the name of the production wing of RDT. Inspired by vintage styles, Rolling Dub Trio designs are unique, featuring inspired twists and always using the highest quality materials on the market.
Utilizing old world construction methods, from two-row stitchdown to 360 flat welts, Rolling Dub Trio footwear is built not only to last, but to be fully rebuildable and recraftable over time. Featuring heavy, precise stitchwork and cleanly cut uppers - Rolling Dub Trio's footwear is as handsome as it is strong and comfortable.
The Roots 8.5" Boots are actually a little taller than eight point five inches, clocking in a little over 9 and a half inches tall if you include the heel height. While not the tallest boots in our lineup, they're certainly up there for a laceup, and should be respected for their height and the additional few seconds it will take to put them on or take them off. They've also got a perforated cap toe, to dress em up a bit.
The leather is serious - Italian brown horsebutt, hand-selected and then given a final oil treatment in Japan before being cut and sewn into boots. The leather is quite stiff initially, but over time will relax as it breaks in and takes the shape of your foot. The expertly selected horsebutt will form appealing rolls as it wears in, differing from the more tight creases that aged cowhide will develop.
Hardware and trims are similarly impressive, with a super-soft and plush gusseted Bison leather tongue, and an internal Kip lining. The front closes up with rawhide laces and a stack of solid brass eyelets and speed hooks (4 eyelets, 5 hooks, & one more eyelet). A custom-made The Boots Factory rubber outsole & Quabaug heel provide excellent comfort & traction without compromising the low profile of the sole.
These are built on the Munson last. For average volume and D-width feet, we suggest choosing 1 full size smaller than your Brannock measurement. If you have particularly wide feet, you may only need to choose 0.5 size smaller than Brannock.
- Brown Italian Horsebutt Leather (finished in Japan)
- Italian Kip Lining (finished in Japan)
- Munson last
- Bison leather tongue
- Gusseted tongue
- Oil finish
- 9.375" tall (including 1.625" heel)
- Two row stitchdown construction
- The Boots Factory rubber outsole
- Natural midsole & heel stack
- Quabaug heel
- Perforated cap toe
- Brass hardware
- 4 eyelets, 5 speed hooks, & one more eyelet
- Pull tab at heel
- Custom labels
- Made in Japan for MR. BOOTSAHOLIC
We reference Brannock sizing for our footwear. The Brannock Device is the standard foot measuring tool for the world's footwear industry. Most better quality footwear stores will have one.
Built on the Munson Last
Need help with sizing? Contact us.
- Narrow and low volume feet:
- 1 size smaller than Brannock
- D-Width and average volume feet:
- 1 size smaller than Brannock
- E & EE-Width and high volume feet:
- 0.5 size smaller than Brannock
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.