The latest of Mister Freedom's highly limited edition Rock 'n' Roll shirts, the "Action Packed" print features an updated collar, and is a collaboration between Japan's Sun Surf label (a branch of Toyo Enterprises) & Mister Freedom. This year's design is taken from a 1950s novelty print swatch from the MF archives that has been adapted into a full fabric by the masters at Sun Surf.
Available in two different base colors, the print depicts a variety of high octane activities, from racing cars and boats to diving and surfing, each shirt features a single (painstakingly) pattern-matched chest pocket, and closes up with corozo wood buttons. It's all held together with narrow flat felled seams, for maximum durability and longevity.
The shirt itself is a proper mid-century aloha shirt, with all the details of a vintage shirt from the 1940s/50s. Relaxed fit, open loop collar, and the super soft and comfortable 100% rayon it's sewn up in make this the must have shirt for days at the beach. Compared to previous editions, the collar has been tweaked slightly, opting to update the previous 40s-style open collar to a more classic wing tip shape.
The quality of the Rayon cannot be understated, as high quality rayon like this is very costly to produce. Rayon was originally developed in France in the late 1800s, and is a cellulose fiber created from tree pulp - meaning it can be 100% organic. Woven with traditional methods, it wears like silk and breathes remarkably well, making it a pleasure to wear even when it's so hot that just being conscious feels like a chore.
Runs true to size with a relaxed, summery fit. Dry clean or hand wash only, hang to dry.
- 100% rayon woven in Japan
- Custom print developed by Mister Freedom and Sun Surf
- Printed in Japan
- Cut based on vintage aloha shirts from the 1940s and 50s
- Wing tip style open collar
- Pattern-matched chest pocket
- Corozo wood buttons
- Custom woven rayon labels
- Comes in a custom Sun Surf box
- Produced by Mister Freedom, Sun Surf, and Sugar Cane (both divisions of Toyo Enterprise)
- Dry clean or hand wash, hang dry
- Designed in California
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
All measurements are in inches.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.