Don't see an item you want from The Real McCoy's?
We can special order any item their catalog.
Contact us more for info.
The M-65 evolved from the M-1943 Field Coat via the M-1951, and was in service from 1965 until 2009. The color is officially “Olive Green 107”. Most importantly, it is the source code for a vast swath of modern menswear, with variants appearing from every brand, and in every mutation you can imagine.
From the M-1951, the major changes were a stowable hood, snap closures on the 4 main pockets, and velcro cuffs. The collar transitioned from a shirt-style collar to an upright collar. Epaulets appeared on later editions, but the 1st model M-65 did not have them.
The Real McCoy’s 1st Model M-65 is the finest expression of the first jackets off the line in 1965 with all the features intact and some improvements. The shell is 100% cotton, rather than the original 50% cotton, 50% nylon, with a much nicer hand to it. It also features period-correct wire zipper pulls on a brass zipper.
Oh, and those triangle inserts in the cuffs? Those are for snapping to your gloves in case of radioactive fallout.
Fit is true to US size. Size down for a slim fit. Check the size chart for actual sizing. No shrink expected with cold wash and hang dry.
- 100% cotton shell
- Inner lining is 50% cotton 50% polyester
- Brass zipper with wire pull tab
- True to Size
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
True to size.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
Extended Winter Return Policy
Orders made between December 5 to December 25 can be returned until January 10, 2021
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.