Among vintage military jackets, the M-1951 (or M51), commonly known as the fishtail parka, has more variations and riffs across menswear than anything else. It's really the 2nd generation of the style, made into a system piece (originally issued with a fur hood and removable liner). The fishtail was intended to be tied around soldiers legs for additional cold-weather protection.
These became the signature garment of the mods in the 1960s due to ample supply in post-war Europe and the full-body coverage offered by the parka - essential for riding your Vespa.
The Real McCoy's version replicates the first year of production of the M51, the only year to be made with a heavy cotton reverse sateen using their custom fabric. All of the trims are period correct replicas down to the zipper and thread.
Runs large, meant to be worn oversize. We suggest going true to size for the intended fit. Wash cold, hang dry.
- Custom reverse sateen cotton
- McCoy's replica Talon zipper
- Urea buttons
- Runs large, but take your size for the right fit.
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
In-store pickup: Free
Socks/Bandannas - free shipping
Orders over $150 - free shipping
Orders under $150 - flat rate of $8 shipping
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $30
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $30
Rest of World Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $20
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 8 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $30
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.