Out of all the made-in-Japan sneakers, John Lofgren’s Champion Sneakers are what you’ll find on our feet. Every component is made in Japan, from the rubber soles to the canvas uppers. Everything is assembled by hand in one of the three remaining vulcanized footwear factories in Japan.
Produced to John Lofgren's exacting specifications, the Champion Sneakers are sturdier and more luxurious than other vulcanized Japanese sneakers. Using custom heavyweight cotton fabrics, every edge is fabric taped, with reinforcing double-stitching at stress points, and a double thick outsole for extra durability.
John has a relentless focus on comfort and quality, and it shows as soon as you put these on. The extra weight is from all the extra rubber in the outsoles, and the comfort is from the double-insole. All of the details have been elevated: heavy-duty eyelets, taped seams, double-stitched stress-points.
The uppers are made from a heavyweight indigo denim, that will gradually fade over time as they break in from wear.
These run large, size down a half-size from your usual sneaker size.
- 100% cotton upper
- Indigo denim
- Heavy-duty eyelets
- Taped seams for comfort
- Doubled stitched stress points for strength
- Double thick vulcanized rubber outsole
- Dense sponge insole
- Handmade in Japan
- These run large by about one half-size
We reference Brannock sizing for our footwear. The Brannock Device is the standard foot measuring tool for the world's footwear industry. Most better quality footwear stores will have one.
Built on the John Lofgren Champion Last
Choose 0.5 size smaller than your Brannock device size.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.