Don't see an item you want from The Real McCoy's?
We can special order any item their catalog.
Contact us more for info.
The M-1943 is the pre-cursor to two of the most well-known US military jackets - the M-51 and the M-65. It was released as part of a standardization effort for US military uniforms to save cost and complexity.
At the time of release, it was the most advanced military jacket available in features and specifications. The shell was a heavy cotton sateen, typically treated for water repellency (this repro is not, as those chemicals are terrifyingly bad for you), and lined in a lightweight cotton poplin (typically left over from prior military garment production).
It was so successful that it went on to become the M-1951 with minor modifications, and then the M-65. Other militaries across the world used the M-1943 template as the basis for their uniforms, and of course, the influence on menswear continues on to this day.
To get really nerdy here, this is a repro of the specification 370E M-1943. The first issued version, 370B, was cut too tight and slim to fit over a line, proving quite problematic for winter warfare in the European Theatre. Starting with 370D, the sizing was adjusted by 2 inches in the chest, and 1 inch in the arms to allow for wearing over a wool pile liner.
The shell itself is quite lightweight, but features an internal webbing structure to support the pockets when laden with supplies. Other innovative features for the time include a throat latch system for warmth and a removable hood.
Fits true to size.
- 100% cotton sateen shell
- 100% cotton poplin lining
- Urea Buttons
- Fits true to size
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Gen wears a size 40
Gen's sizing specs are:
6'1 and 180lbs
41" chest and 31" waist
True to size. Spot clean only.
We're on vacation until January 24. Orders will take longer to process and we will be slower responding to e-mails.
Read more about what's affected.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free (please wait for us to notify you that your order is ready)
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.