Y'2's horsehide single rider jacket was a must-purchase for us. We're big fans of the single rider, it has everything we love about a good leather jacket, without being as immediately "motorcycle" as a double rider or cafe racer jacket. The single chest pocket, two hand pockets, and adjustable fit are just icing on the cake, really.
Dying leather with indigo is actually quite a difficult process, it's something that's easy to get not quite right, and even easier to mess up completely. The tannery that have managed to dye the horsehide used on these jackets such a consistent and rich indigo came upon this recipe after years of trial and error. As the process to dye horsehide is very different from the process of dying cotton, you can expect this indigo leather to act a bit differently over time than your favorite pair of jeans.
Over time, the horsehide will lighten up in areas of high wear, fading to a lighter shade of blue. Don't go expecting this thing to ever go hot blue though, the color will remain mostly consistent throughout, as the dye has a much more stable bond with the leather than it ever forms with a cotton thread. You also won't have to worry about accidentally getting indigo all over things, which is a plus for sure.
Cut with a standard fit, this jacket features two buckled brass adjustment belts at the rear side seams. Inside, there's an additional internal pocket for your phone, and the whole body is lined with a custom brushed cotton flannel. For getting it on and off, the sleeves have been lined with a silky smooth nylon, so you won't have to fuss with getting stuck inside the jacket.
Fits true to size. Do not wash or dry.
- 1.3mm indigo dyed horsehide from Japan
- 100% brushed cotton body lining
- 100% nylon sleeve lining
- Heavy duty Universal brass zipper
- Contrasting brown topstitching
- Adjustable buckled belts at sides
- Two handwarmer pockets
- Single chest pocket
- Two internal pockets
- Button cuffs with corozo nut buttons
- Gusseted shoulders
- Custom Labels
- Fits true to size
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Gen wears a size 40
Gen's sizing specs are:
6'1 and 180lbs
41" chest and 31" waist
Gen is cooler than any cucumber
Fits true to size.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.