The Hopara Sandal might be a little confusing at first, but we aren't the only ones to see something special in it... our friends at Brain Dead even liked it enough to design an exclusive collab of this model! It's honestly a sleeper hit, with a funky but understated vibe that just looks really good in summer outfits, paired with a wide legged trouser or a wide brimmed hat for a sort of crunchy, GORP-y vibe.
While the Hopara's toes are indeed closed, it's still a sandal, and thus not safe or intended for lab-wear. It's great for hiking around and hot weather though, with an open and breathable design (it is a sandal), elasticated quick lace system, and custom outsole with sticky rubber and multidirectional lugs for enhanced grip and traction on wet or uneven surfaces. The synthetic and neoprene uppers are water resistant and quick-drying, making these sandals extremely suitable for hiking through or across creeks and streams unbothered.
They've got a wide, easy fit that can be adjusted with ease at any time, so you can wear them with socks in the afternoon, and barefoot in the evening, or something. Weighing a respectable 12oz, they're sturdy enough to keep your feet from getting banged up (especially thanks to the rubberized toe cap), but not so heavy as to fatigue you from just walking. We've found them to fit true to size, so the same as your brannock measurement / standard sneaker size in Nike or Adidas.
True to brannock.
- Synthetic and neoprene uppers
- Hiking sandal
- Waterproof and quick drying design
- Rubberized protective toe cap
- Elasticated quick lace system
- Rubberized EVA midsole
- Custom lug outsole designed for enhanced traction in wet conditions
- Gusseted neoprene construction reduces friction
- 12oz per sandal
- 5mm heel to toe drop
- 4mm multidirectional lugs
- Pull tabs at tongue and heel
- True to size
We reference Brannock sizing for our footwear. The Brannock Device is the standard foot measuring tool for the world's footwear industry. Most better quality footwear stores will have one.
True to brannock / sneaker size, take your usual Nike / Adidas trainer size.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.