Ship John is a small company out of Portland, OR, making clothes the hard way. Their flagship pieces are made in-house on a production line Mike put together with his partner, so they have absolute control over process. They have no production minimums to meet, and no-one to answer to other than themselves and their customers, meaning everything that leaves their hands is as good as it can possibly be.
The Holcomb jeans are are the Goldilocks "Just right" denim fit - not too slim, not too wide, with a comfortable medium rise, athletic thighs and an extremely gentle taper that visually reads more like a straight fit. They're sewn up in a classic five pocket configuration, with fun little details like a selvedge coin pocket and riveted rear label.
They're made from a 14oz, 100% cotton selvedge denim, sourced from Nihon Menpu in Japan. The black warp / gray weft denim has a very subdued texture initially, but develops incredible patina, fading down to a soft gray over time from washing & wear. Though stiff at first, the denim will relax substantially as its broken in, taking the shape of your body and becoming much softer.
The details are minimal, letting the fit and fabric do most of the talking (they can handle it). The fly buttons up with solid brass donut buttons, and both sets of pocket (front and back) feature 10oz canvas pocket bags - keeping the Ship John motto of "Stuff That Holds Up".
Fits true to size. Minimal shrinkage expected with a cold wash and hang dry.
- 100% cotton
- 14oz black/gray selvedge from Nihon Menpu in Japan
- Button fly with solid brass donut buttons
- 5 pocket configuration
- Selvedge coin pocket detail
- Medium rise
- Athletic thigh
- Slight taper
- Ship John logo label with brass rivet
- True to size
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Custom woven labels
- Made in the USA
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Gen wears a size 32
Gen's sizing specs are:
6'1 and 180lbs
41" chest and 31" waist
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.