Somewhere between a car coat and a pea-coat, the French double breasted horsehide jacket is a very stately and extremely handsome jacket. The exact sort of leather jacket made to be worn during the winter, the heavy body features a warm wool blend lining - the combination of the leather, lining, and double-breasted pattern make this jacket almost invulnerable to the wind.
It's sewn up in Y'2's custom Hand Oil Horse leather, a 1.5mm thick chrome tanned horsehide that is re-tanned following completion at a tannery that specializes in the production of heavyweight bull hides. Following the second tanning process, the hides are given a heavy hand-waxing treatment that hydrates and softens the thick, heavy leather. Subtly present beneath the waxy finish are all sorts of minor irregularities and grain textures, that will become more prominent as the leather is worn in.
The fit is true to size, with a trim but not narrow body, slightly high armholes, and a hip-length silhouette. The front features four external pockets for stashing away your hands or objects. Inside, the body is lined with a 50% wool, 30% linen, and 20% rayon blend, giving a comfortable balance of warmth and breathability. For getting it on and off, the sleeves have been lined with a smooth cotton/nylon, so you won't have to fuss with getting stuck inside the jacket.
The front closes up with tonal black corozo nut buttons, and the fit can be adjusted with a half-belt that extends across the back.
Fits true to size. Do not wash or dry.
- 1.5mm double-tanned waxed horsehide from Japan
- 50% wool, 30% linen, 20% rayon body lining
- 63% cotton, 37% nylon sleeve lining
- Knit collar
- Tonal corozo nut buttons
- Heavy stiff leather
- Hip-length fit
- Two welted hand pockets
- Two vertical chest pockets
- Two internal pockets
- Half-belt across the back
- Custom Labels
- Fits true to size
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Gen wears a size 40
Gen's sizing specs are:
6'1 and 180lbs
41" chest and 31" waist
Gen is driving to the Emerald City
Fits true to size.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.