The Real McCoy's does something extremely difficult when it comes to manufacturing garments and footwear from the past. The baseline is producing a perfect reproduction down to the thread used to sew each piece, which requires an incredible attention to detail. This fanatical approach also requires investment in either sourcing deadstock fasteners or creating exact replicas of those for each and every product they put out.
To release a piece of apparel or footwear made to these standards would be more than enough for most brands. The Real McCoy's goes much further than this, and looks deeply and thoughtfully at how something is made; how the original would have worn in; and how it could be made to be better without violating the spirit of the original.
These Field Shoes are similar to an N-1 "boondocker" and rendered in a classic brown cowhide roughout. They sit on top of a custom-produced raw cord outsole. Corded soles were made to save weight and add traction over a plain rubber sole, by added chopped up cord (in this case, hemp) to the rubber. The attention to detail here goes down all the way to the nailing and Rapid-E stitching on the outsole.
For the best fit, we suggest going down one size from Brannock.
- Vegetable tanned cowhide roughout
- Custom last
- Tonal hardware
- Oiled cotton laces
- Unstructured toe
- Custom "Raw Cord" sole
- Goodyear welted construction
- Nailed and stitched outsoles
- Made in Japan
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.