If you want the absolute best in engineer boots, this is it. John Lofgren debuted these in 2012, and every run has sold out as fast as he could produce them.
Every great pair of footwear begins with a good last, and these start from a custom made last designed by John to give a 1950's silhouette to the boot (no toe bump, with a nice taper to the shape). Wrapped around that last is natural Horween Chromexcel, tanned in the USA.
The Horween Chromexcel in natural used for these boots has not been dyed or treated in any way, and will have a range of tones out of the box. There will be variation from panel to panel on each boot. With wear, they will settle into a uniform color from use.
The rest of the construction details are on par with that fantastic leather - Japanese steel shanks, British Goodyear welting, and brass-coated steel buckles made in Tokyo. Even the labels are made on shuttle looms. All of this goodness is pulled together and turned into boots at one of the best footwear factories in Japan.
If you want to go really in-depth - check out what John at Vintage Engineer Boot's has to say about them.
- Built on the John Lofgren 110 Last
- Horween Natural Chromexcel leather
- USA-made Vibram 705 sole and 700 heel
- Goodyear storm welted construction
- Approx. 12.5" height
- Choose 0.5 size smaller than your Brannock device size.
- Made in Japan
We reference Brannock sizing for our footwear. The Brannock Device is the standard foot measuring tool for the world's footwear industry. Most better quality footwear stores will have one.
Built on the John Lofgren 110 Last
Choose 0.5 size smaller than your Brannock device size.
Choose the same size as your Red Wing Iron Ranger or Alden Barrie last size.
Choose 0.5 size bigger than your Viberg 2030 last size.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.