Beyond their selection of exceptional leather jackets, Y'2 also produce their own line of footwear, utilizing the same incredible leathers and skilled craftspeople as their jackets. Wanting something unique, we ordered these stunning green horsehide engineer boots, made from Y'2's thickest and heaviest leather. The end result is a vintage style engineer boot with a beyond bomb-proof construction, ready for a lifetime of wear (with proper care).
The Eco Horse leather is no joke. Landing somewhere between 1.8 and 2.0mm thick, this is a dense, heavyweight horsehide, based on racing leathers from the 1930s. This particular leather is tanned with an excess of oils, and then shrunken by about 20% - granting its additional thickness and stiffness. Over time, it will (slowly) break in and soften with wear, gradually easing into the shape of your foot - but you can expect a good few weeks of break-in.
The Olive Eco Horse leather is also a real looker. With its rich green highs and lows, beautiful grain texture, and moderate shine, it's an incredibly handsome and unique leather. The panels are hand selected for the smoothest finish and best looking grain, giving a very clean and cohesive finish to an already stellar pair of Engineer Boots.
The rest of the details are classic, but bear mentioning in case you've never seen engineer boots before - full leather lining, solid brass roller buckles at the vamp and shaft, lined belt straps (for durability), a round structured toe, logger heel, and a 270 degree flat welt that can be resoled and rebuilt by any capable cobbler. They stand on the classic Vibram 705 half sole & heel combo, a world class pairing in terms of traction, durability, and sleekness.
Choose 1 size smaller than you Brannock size for the best fit. Expanded sizing information available in the sizing tab.
- Y'2 Eco Horse olive leather
- Single row 270 degree flat welt
- Full leather lining
- Vibram 705 half sole + heel
- Brass roller buckles
- Lined belt straps
- Interior lining
- Rounded toe
- Structured toebox
- Rebuildable and recraftable
- Choose 1 size smaller than your Brannock device size.
- Made in Japan
We reference Brannock sizing for our footwear. The Brannock Device is the standard foot measuring tool for the world's footwear industry. Most better quality footwear stores will have one.
These are high volume engineer boots, with a generous instep height, and they work for a variety of different feet shapes.
Those with lower volume C-and-D-width feet may want to consider using boot socks with a padded heel and half length insoles for the best fit.
Need help with sizing? Contact us.
- C-Width and low volume feet:
- 1.5 size smaller than Brannock
- Half length insole recommended
- D-Width and average volume feet:
- 1 size smaller than Brannock
- E-Width and high volume feet:
- 1 size smaller than Brannock
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.