Car Coats are interesting to us. Elliot takes his leather jackets off when he's driving. Gen does not, but he's been biking to work recently. Neil rides his motorcycles with a leather jacket, but that's not a car. Regardless, Y'2 managed to get all of our attention when they showed us this incredible emerald green car coat, with it's simple dropped-yoke, button placket, and two welted hand pockets. After a very short team discussion, we knew we had to order a handful.
The Y'2 Eco Horse leather is no joke. This is a 1.8mm thick horsehide, based on racing leathers from the 1930s. This particular leather is tanned with an excess of oils, and then shrunken by about 20%, granting its additional thickness and stiffness. Over time, it will slowly break in and soften with wear, gradually easing into the shape of your body - but brand new it's the stiffest and heaviest leather jacket we've ever carried.
In addition to being nigh-impenetrable, the Olive Eco Horse leather is a real looker. With its rich green highs and lows, beautiful grain texture, and moderate shine, it's a damn handsome jacket. The panels are large and chosen specifically for the smoothest finish and best looking grain, giving a very clean and cohesive finish to a super unique leather jacket.
The fit is true to size, with a trim but not narrow body, slightly high armholes, and a hip-length silhouette. The front and sleeves close up with hardy corozo nut buttons, though it make take some work the first few times you close it up, as the buttonholes will need to break in. Inside, the body is lined with a 50% wool, 30% linen, and 20% nylon blend, giving a comfortable balance of warmth and breathability. For getting it on and off, the sleeves have been lined with a silky smooth nylon, so you won't have to fuss with getting stuck inside the jacket.
Fits true to size. Do not wash or dry.
- 1.8mm olive horsehide from Japan
- 50% wool, 30% linen, 20% nylon body lining
- 100% nylon sleeve lining
- Corozo nut buttons
- Heavy stiff leather
- Hip-length fit
- Two welted hand pockets
- Single internal pocket
- Lowered yoke
- Custom Labels
- Fits true to size
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Gen wears a size 40
Gen's sizing specs are:
6'1 and 180lbs
41" chest and 31" waist
Gen is driving to the Emerald City
Fits true to size.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.