The 9th iteration of Hoka's Clifton model, the C9 not only fulfills the S&S obligation to stock a bright orange sneaker, but also serves as a brilliant everyday shoe for walking and running. The silhouette is handsome and minimal, with subtle performance details and a reduced weight compared to previous models - clocking in at just 8.7oz per shoe, they're extremely light and airy, also thanks to the engineered knit uppers.
The performance details are there as well: a gusseted tongue, Durabrasion rubber outsole, reflective strips, early stage MetaRocker™ geometry, and a super comfortable compression molded EVA foam midsole. They're also vegan, which isn't inherently good or bad (leaded gasoline is also vegan), but is an important detail to note regardless of how some folks may feel.
Moderately padded on the inside, these have a standard width and flexible knit uppers that provide a snug and secure fit around your feet at all times. We've found them to fit true to size, so the same as your brannock measurement / standard sneaker size in Nike or Adidas.
True to brannock.
- Engineered knit uppers with 35% recycled polyester
- Gusseted tongue
- Compression molded EVA foam midsole
- Durabrasion Rubber outsole
- Extensive use of recycled materials
- Early stage MetaRocker™ geometry
- 8.7oz per shoe
- 5mm heel to toe drop
- Cushioned interior
We reference Brannock sizing for our footwear. The Brannock Device is the standard foot measuring tool for the world's footwear industry. Most better quality footwear stores will have one.
True to brannock / sneaker size, take your usual Nike / Adidas trainer size.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.