Kapital's Westerner denim jacket is based on the Lee Storm Rider, rather than the more commonly referenced Type II or Type III jackets. It has a longer fit for wear with modern jeans.
The fabric is what really sets this piece apart. The No. 5S Century denim from Kapital has a kakishibu base, with indigo sashiko stitching. Kakishibu is a traditional Japanese dying technique that uses unripe persimmons; as a natural, plant-based dye it provides a great base for the sashiko stitches running through it. The fades produced as the two different dyes wear in are wild and unpredictable.
Runs small, size up. No shrink expected with a cold wash and air dry.
- Proprietary Century Denim fabric
- Persimmon dyed base with indigo sashiko stitching
- Custom brass buttons
- 100% cotton
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Runs small, size up
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Runs small, size up.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only shipping international orders (except Canda) via DHL. We've had issues with USPS international shipments becoming lost in transit.
All orders over $500 will ship signature required. Please contact us if you need us to waive signature confirmation.
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
View our other policies here
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.