Kapital is undoubtedly one of our most unique brands, as well as one of our favorites. From their iconic Ring Coats and Century Denim, to the scarves and bandannas we love so much, to their patchwork and Kountry pieces, and everything else they make, Kapital is a brand that has earned their reputation of style, brilliance, and just a hint of madness.
The Denim Westerner is inspired by the Lee Storm Rider jackets of old, rather than the more commonly referenced Type II or Type III jackets. It has a longer fit for wear with modern jeans, but make no mistake, this is a Kapital jacket through and through. The fabric is what really sets this piece apart - the No. 5S Century denim from Kapital has a kakishibu base, with indigo sashiko stitching. Kakishibu is a traditional Japanese dying technique that uses unripe persimmons; as a natural, plant-based dye it provides a great base for the sashiko stitches running through it.
The fades produced as the two different dyes wear in are wild and unpredictable. The sashiko on this fabric uses rope-dyed indigo to give a unique handfeel and appearance to the denim. Over time, the kakishibu dye will fade to a brighter orange hue which, along with the indigo fading of the sashiko stitching, will lead to some pretty interesting wear patterns
Runs small, choose one size up from your usual tag size. Consult our size chart for measurements. Minimal shrinkage expected with a cold wash and hang dry.
- 100% cotton
- Proprietary Century Denim No. 5S fabric
- Persimmon dyed denim base
- Rope-dyed indigo sashiko topstitching
- Custom brass buttons
- Two chest pockets
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Runs small, size up
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Gen wears a size 42
Gen's sizing specs are:
6'1 and 180lbs
41" chest and 31" waist
Gen's hair can cut diamond
Runs small, choose one size up from your usual tag size.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.