This is the denim for indigo-obsessives. 3 types of indigo go into making these jeans: American Indigo (No. 1, in Kapital's lingo), Japanese Indigo (No. 2), and Natural Indigo (No. 3). Each of the yarns - warp, weft, and sashiko - are rope-dyed with one indigo for maximum fading potential.
The weaving process to create this denim is a trade secret with Kapital - it all goes through one loom, and one loom only. The base denim in this case is a bit slubbier than the other Century denims, and it's all sewn up in the new Monkey Cisco fit.
The Monkey fit is an update to the original Cisco fit. The rise is higher, the seat and thighs are fuller, and there's a slight taper below the knee. These will still fit over a pair of boots comfortably.
These are true to tag size, so one size up from your US denim size; double check the size chart for details. Minimal shrink is expected, and will be recovered when they stretch post-wash.
We suggest 2 soaks inside out to knock out some of the initial crocking, as these will turn you and everything you love blue. Try to avoid machine washing for the first year or so, as well.
- 100% cotton proprietary sashiko denim
- 3 shades of indigo
- Runs small, size up
- Cold soak, hang dry
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
True to tag size - take one size larger than your US denim size.
We're on vacation until January 24. Orders will take longer to process and we will be slower responding to e-mails.
Read more about what's affected.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free (please wait for us to notify you that your order is ready)
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.