Grant Stone was founded in 2016, but the groundwork for the company started being laid decades ago - when the son of a renowned New England boot-and-shoe salesman built a relationship with a shoe factory in China. Decades later, his son packed his bags and moved from Michigan to Xiamen, China, to work in that very same factory. Eight years after that, Grant Stone (the boot brand, there is no person named Grant Stone) was born.
Not interested in cutting corners or dropping prices, Grant Stone boots are made from the very best materials, sourced globally, & assembled utilizing difficult (but superior) construction methods to create a product that will speak for itself. Their relationship with the factory gives them incredible flexibility with their designs, leaving room to experiment and develop new processes on the workshop floor more quickly and easily than other brands.
The Brass Boot is one of the more interesting Moc Toe boots we've come across. Opting for a slightly sleeker-than-standard toe shape, as well as a more subdued moc stitch (also swapping the standard wedge sole for a lug sole) make these a lot more fancy than expected. Still right at home stomping around a work site or hiking somewhere, sure, but also, you could definitely dress these up and they would look both good and not out of place. Which is impressive.
These are built on Grant Stone's Floyd last, a pretty classic D-width last with a more spade-like shape and a fairly standard fit. This last is quite accommodating for most feet, and generally fits best when taken 0.5 size smaller than your brannock size.
Chromexcel cowhide an extremely sturdy and handsome leather that only gets better and better with time. Horween Black CXL is a tea-core leather, meaning the dye hasn't fully penetrated the hide, sitting only at the surface above a "natural" brown core. Over time, that black dye will scuff off and wear down in certain areas, revealing a tan interior that will also darken and patina with wear.
As far as leather goes, it's thick and sturdy, starting out noticeably stiff and requiring a few weeks of good wear to really break-in. After that, the leather begins to relax considerably, moulding to take the shape of the wearer's foot and softening at flex points to move more easily.
Choose 0.5 size smaller than your Brannock size.
- Black Horween CXL cowhide
- Full grain kip leather lining
- Grant Stone Floyd last
- 6" height
- Moc toe
- 360 storm welt
- Grant Stone lug outsole + heel
- Leather insole and midsole
- Cork fill & steel shank support beneath the insole
- 5 solid brass eyelets + 2 solid brass speed hooks
- Extra laces & shoe horn included with boots
- Custom gold foil internal heel stamp
- Handmade in Xiamen, China
We reference Brannock sizing for our footwear. The Brannock Device is the standard foot measuring tool for the world's footwear industry. Most better quality footwear stores will have one.
Built on the Grant Stone Floyd Last
Need help with sizing? Contact us.
- Narrow and low volume feet:
- 1 size smaller than Brannock
- D-Width and average volume feet:
- 0.5 size smaller than Brannock
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.