For Spring/Summer 22, Y'2 have released a special limited edition version of their popular 140 model Type-1 pattern in a lightweight "vintage horse" leather.
The pattern is minimal, Y'2 basing their design on WWII era Type-I jackets, but stripping it of the traditional embellishments like a buckle back or back pleats. This allows the leather to do the talking, showing off the impressive horsehide and Y'2's masterful cutting, and ensures more consistent patina across the entire jacket.
It's made from a lightweight version of Y'2's "Vintage Horse" Japanese horsehide, averaging between just 1mm - 1.2mm in thickness on average. This is a specialized tea-core leather, with a base brown dye applied to the hides during the initial tanning and the black coat only being applied to the surface during finishing.
Consequently, as the jacket ages, the brown core will slowly peek through the black surface of the leather - scuffs and scratches will also highlight the brown sublayer. The leather is also finished with a high gloss that will wear down over time in tandem with the dye, giving the jacket an incredibly dynamic patina.
The whole thing closes up with five all-black Wreath & Star donut buttons, same buttons as on the cuffs - these buttons can be a bit tough at first, but break in quickly with use. The body is lined in a vibrant red 100% acetate satin with a subtle blueish luster. Inside, there are two chest pockets that can be used as more secure storage than the single external pocket, a nice touch and a welcome update on the WWII-era style.
Every special-edition Type-1 Jacket comes with a bonus Kakishibu dyed leather pouch. Kakishibu (persimmon) dyeing leather is a difficult process, and a fair amount of variation is to be expected among the free bonus pouches.
Fits true to size. Do not wash, dry or dry clean.
- LIMITED EDITION SPRING '22
- ~1.1mm hand dyed vegetable tanned horsehide
- Black tea core leather
- 100% acetate rayon lining
- Button cuffs
- Five button placket
- Double-pleated front
- Single chest pocket
- Matte black Wreath & Star buttons
- Natural leather patch
- Two internal chest pockets
- Kakishibu leather pouch included
- Custom labels
- Fits true to size
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Gen wears a size 40
Gen's sizing specs are:
6'1 and 180lbs
41" chest and 31" waist
True to size. Rinsed, so minimal shrink expected with a cold wash and hang dry.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.