For over thirty years, Eastman Leather Clothing has been producing some of the best military and vintage repro in the western world. One of the things that Eastman Leather Clothing is known best for is their stunning reproductions and knowledge of vintage flight jackets, especially the Type A-2. The A-2 flight jacket replaced the A-1 as the standard flight jacket for the USAAF in 1931, and continued on (officially) until 1944. However, it was such an honored and beloved garment that it was worn well into the Korean War, with some pilots having new ones custom-made.
A faithfully reproduced A-2 Jacket, licensed from the 100th Bomb Group Foundation, and featuring a custom, handpainted design inspired by an original vintage jacket from that flight group. Responsible for flying hundreds of missions above WWII's European Theatre, the "Chapel in the Flak" is exactly what it sounds like, a flying refuge amidst the terror and chaos.
Sewn up in a premium, veg-tanned Italian horsehide with a semi-aniline finish, just like the original. The 100% cotton lining is comfortable and totally faithful to the original jacket, predictably, and the 100% wool knit ribbing at the cuffs and hem are period accurate in both weave and color. The rest of the jacket follows that pattern, with 100% cotton premium quality 3-ply thread, correct model hardware, and a shuttle-loom-woven label that is a perfect reproduction of the original.
The painted design is also lifted from the originals, and has been meticulously recreated to not only match it while new, but to age identically to the vintage sample, slowly fading over time alongside the leather.
True to size. Consult the size chart to find your ideal fit.
- Italian premium grade veg-tanned horsehide
- Handpainted exterior
- Officially licensed from the 100th Bomb Group Foundation
- Semi-aniline finish
- 100% cotton lining
- 100% wool tubular knit, period accurate cuffs and hem
- Custom CROWN zipper
- Custom woven labels
- True to size
- Made in England
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Gen wears a size 42
Gen's sizing specs are:
6'1 and 180lbs
41" chest and 31" waist
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.