From Victorian era curiosities to early 20th century equestrian and motorcycle wear to rare WW2 era items - Black Sign garments are beautifully constructed, with a shared identity and aesthetic cohesion running through the collection to a degree we rarely see in brands focusing on reproductions & recreations.
This is Black Sign's take on the classic and iconic USN chambray work shirt, a style so successful and prolific most don't even process they're looking at one. As close as one can come to the platonic ideal of a work shirt, it features a relaxed fit with solid construction, a comfortable fit, and two surprisingly spacious chest pockets.
Featuring a roomy and comfortable fit through the body, with an extended torso and curved hem for easy tucking in. Lightweight and breathable, it's the kind of staple piece that you can wear all year long, laying over or under it as necessary.
It's made from a handsome 100% cotton chambray with an irregular and slightly slubby surface texture. Crisp and breathable, it will soften over time from wear and washing, fading slightly too. It all closes up with urea buttons, a nod to the originals, with fun additional details, like selvedge side gussets and contrasting stitching throughout.
True to size. Wash cold and hang dry.
- 100% cotton
- Light blue chambray fabric
- Two chest pockets
- Selvedge side gussets
- Urea buttons
- Contrast stitching
- Curved hem
- Custom woven labels
- True to size
- Wash cold and hang dry
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
All measurements are in inches.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.