We've been working to develop our own Loopwheel tees for years now, and we're proud to finally have something to show for it. Produced at one of the two remaining functional Loopwheel mills in Japan, these are the result of months upon months spent sampling and tweaking - fully utilizing all of our collective knowledge and opinions about tee shirts.
Our love of loopwheels is no secret. Produced entirely on vintage machines, loopwheels are knit very, very slowly. The machines that produce our loopwheel fabric can knit about a half roll of fabric in a day, humming along at just 1 meter per hour. In comparison, a modern knitting machine can blast out about five full rolls a day, operating at roughly 10 times the speed of a loopwheeler.
The fabrics created are anything but equal. The "slow and steady" nature of loopwheel machines comes from the gravity-fed nature of the knit - with minimal tension applied, the finished product is light, airy, and remarkably soft from the moment its knit. Plus, loopwheel knits famously lack any side seams, being knit in a circular pattern (hence the name).
The fabric is a super long staple 100% cotton knit, with an extremely soft, cool hand. The long staple cotton helps prevent twisting in the body over time. The fabric weighs in between 7.5 & 8oz, a great medium-heavyweight for a knit tee, with a heavy knit collar that's really built to last.
We opted for a slightly more modern, open fit for our tees. Cut a little longer and a little wider than the other loopwheeled tees we carry, these are a fantastic length to wear either tucked or untucked, with a relaxed fit through the chest and comfortably wide shoulders. While we expect some shrinkage with a wash, loopwheeled fabrics are notorious for stretching back out quickly with wear, so order true to size.
To get the most life out of your tees, we recommend washing cold and hanging or laying flat to dry. This will help mitigate unnecessary shrinkage and preserve the fabric, as the heat of drying can significantly affect the longevity of knit garments.
Fits true to size. Wash cold, hang dry.
- 100% cotton
- Loopwheel knit
- Long staple yarns
- Medium-heavyweight (7.5-8oz) fabric
- Heavy knit collar
- Relaxed fit
- True to size
- Custom woven labels
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Gen wears a size Medium
Gen's sizing specs are:
6'1 and 180lbs
41" chest and 32" waist
Fits true to size. Wash cold, hang dry.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.