We're veeeery particular when it comes to Type 3 jackets, because of how widespread and common they are as a style. That said, when the right one comes along, we don't hesitate. You can extrapolate how we feel about this jacket from those two sentences (and the fact that we're carrying it at all).
The cut is spot on, not too short or long in the body, hitting just like our favorite vintage trucker jackets. The chest is roomy enough to layer under, but not particularly wide or roomy - just right. It's lined with a tonal brown nylon, soft and slick for sliding over your favorite flannels, and comfortable enough to wear with just a tee.
The fit can be altered with two snap adjuster tabs at the back hem, using the same heavy snaps as the front placket, pockets, and sleeves. Speaking of pockets, there are actually four: two on the front, and two internal chest pockets (perfect for a cell phone or wallet).
The leather is a 1.3mm full grain steerhide roughout suede (that's a mouthful) - this is the reverse side of Y'2's oiled steerhide. Ultra soft and supple, this leather requires virtually no break-in whatsoever. It's dyed a rich tobacco brown, with a ton of tonal depth - this leather absolutely pops in just about any lighting, but it looks especially incredible in sunlight.
Fits true to size. Do not wash, dry or dry clean.
- 1.3mm full grain steer suede
- Soft, supple leather that requires no break-in
- Tobacco brown color
- 100% nylon lining
- Snap cuffs
- Snap front closure
- Two chest pockets
- Two internal pockets
- Snap waist adjusters
- Custom labels
- Fits true to size
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Gen wears a size 40
Gen's sizing specs are:
6'1 and 180lbs
41" chest and 32" waist
Gen can juggle, but only with chainsaws
These run true to size. Do not wash, dry or dry clean.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.