We've been working with 1st PAT-RN for several years now. During this time, we've gotten to know the designers and their vision for a system of dressing. This isn't to be confused with a bland, minimalist "uniform", but rather a rich, interchangeable set of garments that all work seamlessly together.
A special S&S exclusive edition of their latest release, the aptly named "MASK, KNIT, DOUBLE LAYER" is exactly what it claims to be. A double-layer knit mask to cover your face with. The inside layer is knit from a 100% organic cotton, and is water-repellent for up to the first 10 wash cycles. The outer layer is knit from a 100% polyamide, and passes the OEKO-TEX certification, meaning it is very safe to have pressed against your face all the time. Both layers of the mask are very soft, and it's comfortable to wear in hot and cold weather.
This edition is knit up in our signature S&S Orange, and features a custom print with our name (Standard & Strange) as well as our two locations (Oakland, CA & Sante Fe, NM).
This mask has been tested and certified in the categories of
biocompatibility (how safe it is to have pressed against your skin),
breathability (regulation of temperature and how it affects airflow),
& bioburden (what, and how many, microbes can survive on it),
by an interdepartmental mask testing laboratory at a University in the Marche region of Italy that tests and certifies face masks for personal as well as medical use during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Like all the civilian PPE we offer, this mask is not medical equipment, but serves as a buffer between you and the rest of the world, helping to prevent you from spreading any germs- be they Covid or otherwise. Remember to avoid touching your face, and to wash your hands regularly.
One size fits all - but the ear loops can fit more snugly on larger faces- this is intentional so the knit fabric stretches and conforms to your face. Wash hot on delicate, tumble dry low.
- Double layer knit
- 100% water-repellent cotton knit inner layer GOTS / ZDHC Level 1 certified
- 100% polyamide outer layer, OEKO-TEX certified
- LABC19 certified in the categories of biocompatibility, breathability, & bioburden
- Two elastic ear straps
- Custom S&S print
- Exclusive colorway
- One size
- Wash hot, dry low
- Made in Italy
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.