The weaving process to create this denim is a trade secret with Kapital - it all goes through one loom, and one loom only. The sashiko yarns are dyed with a natural indigo, and the base denim is ink-dyed. This combination is unique from the start, and only gets better with wear as the indigo fades and bleeds from the sashiko stitch into the base denim.
The Monkey fit is an update to the original Cisco fit. The rise is higher, the seat and thighs are fuller, and there's a slight taper below the knee. These will still fit over a pair of boots comfortably.
These run very small, so take the next size up from your US denim size; double check the size chart for details. Minimal shrink is expected, and will be recovered when they stretch post-wash.
- 100% cotton proprietary sashiko denim
- Ink-dyed denim
- Natural indigo sashiko stitching
- Custom Kapital buttons and rivets
- Runs small
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Made in Japan at Kapital
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
All measurements are in inches.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.