Don't see an item you want from The Real McCoy's?
We can special order any item their catalog.
Contact us more for info.
Being produced by The Real McCoy's, these immaculately recreated Buco Engineer Boots from the 50s are every bit as good as the originals (and probably even a bit better). Made with the best parts available, these are a painstakingly accurate reproduction of Buco's 1950s-era horsebutt engineer boots, except they're brand new and available now as a piece of future vintage.
They're made from a custom Shinki horsehide that McCoy's developed themselves based on careful study of their vintage archives. This is a fully vegetable-tanned horse butt leather, which is selected for the highest consistency and best quality throughout both before and after tanning, then dyed with a pigment finish. This pigment finish only alters the surface color of the leather, reproducing the tea-core effect of vintage horse leathers perfectly.
The trims are stellar too, with reproduction Cat's Paw outsoles and heels that provide an excellent blend of comfort, traction, and visual sleekness. Instead of sewing delicate tags onto the inside of the shaft, McCoy's have instead stamped all the relevant details in foil, so you'll never lose them or wear them away. The shaft and vamp both buckle down with stainless steel buckles that will hold up for years and years of wear.
These are produced exactly like the originals, featuring a 270 degree Goodyear welt construction that can be rebuilt (when needed) by any trusted cobbler. This old world construction method extends far beyond just the welt stitching, with a full cork midsole, internal steel shank, and copper outsole tacks.
These fit true to size - take the same size as your Brannock for the best fit.
- Horsebutt leather from Shinki Tannery in Japan
- Vegetable tanned uppers
- Pigment dyed
- Tea core
- Partially structured toe
- 270 degree flat welt
- Stainless steel buckles
- Cat's Paw outsole and heel
- Copper outsole tacks
- Lasting mark down vamp
- Internal foil stamps
- Black edge stain
- True to Brannock size
- Made in Japan
We reference Brannock sizing for our footwear. The Brannock Device is the standard foot measuring tool for the world's footwear industry. Most better quality footwear stores will have one.
These boots fit true to Brannock size.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.