Don't see an item you want from The Real McCoy's?
We can special order any item their catalog.
Contact us more for info.
Issued from the 1950's until the 1980's, the MA-1 Flight Jacket has inspired menswear designers for decades. Designed for use in the late 1940's in the new jet aircraft with smaller cockpits that flew much higher than previously, it had to be warmer, more compact, and more mobile than previous flying jackets.
Of course, we have to mention that Steve McQueen sported one in "The Hunter" in 1980, which is a great film, and sartorially on point.
The Real McCoy's version is true to the original MIL-J-8279 "Jacket, Flyers, Man's Intermediate Type MA-1" in every way, down the wool batting used to line the jacket. The Nylon 66 twill shell is smooth and tough, and the ribbing on the cuffs is a custom knit just for this piece.
In case you were wondering, the little tab of herringbone tape on the front is to hang your oxygen mask on, in case you've got one in your desk drawer at work.
These run a bit small, our recommendation is to size up one.
- Nylon 66 heavy twill exterior
- Wool pile interlining
- Wool rib-knit cuffs
- Custom Produced McCoy's Zipper
- Runs small, size up one
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Runs small, size up one.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only shipping international orders (except Canda) via DHL. We've had issues with USPS international shipments becoming lost in transit.
All orders over $500 will ship signature required. Please contact us if you need us to waive signature confirmation.
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
View our other policies here
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.