Issued from the 1950's until the 1980's, the MA-1 Flight Jacket has inspired menswear designers for decades. Designed for use in the late 1940's in the new jet aircraft with smaller cockpits that flew much higher than previously, it had to be warmer, more compact, and more mobile than previous flying jackets.
Of course, we have to mention that Steve McQueen sported one in "The Hunter" in 1980, which is a great film, and sartorially on point.
The Real McCoy's version is true to the original MIL-J-8279 "Jacket, Flyers, Man's Intermediate Type MA-1" in every way, down the wool batting used to line the jacket. The Nylon 66 twill shell is smooth and tough, and the ribbing on the cuffs is a custom knit just for this piece.
In case you were wondering, the little tab of herringbone tape on the front is to hang your oxygen mask on, in case you've got one in your desk drawer at work.
These run a bit small, our recommendation is to size up one.
- Nylon 66 heavy twill exterior
- Wool pile interlining
- Wool rib-knit cuffs
- Custom Produced McCoy's Zipper
- Runs small, size up one
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Runs small, size up one.
In-store pickup: Free
Socks/Bandannas - free shipping
Orders over $150 - free shipping
Orders under $150 - flat rate of $8 shipping
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $30
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $30
Rest of World Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $20
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 8 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $30
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.