Don't see an item you want from The Real McCoy's?
We can special order any item their catalog.
Contact us more for info.
The Sukajan style originates in the port city of Yokosuka - the name of the jacket is a portmanteu of Yokosuka and "Janpa" (the Japanese wasei-eigo, pseudo-anglicism, of "jumper"). These jackets were originally taken home by US soldiers as souvenirs starting immediately post-WW2. In the 1970s, Japanese youth adopted the style as well.
The majority of these jackets were made in Kiryu, in Gunma Prefecture, with merchants hauling them down to Yokosuka to sell to GIs. The Myosen Sewing company in Kiryo has been making these jackets for over 60 years, and are experts in the free-hand machine embroidery used.
Each edition of these has sold out, and due to the limited capacity of the factory that produces them, they are never repeated. In addition, the sewers that produce these are close to retiring with no replacements behind them.
The Real McCoy's edition is true to the original, as per usual, with a high-quality rayon shell, custom McCoy's zipper, and free-hand machine embroidery.
Fit is true to size. Dry-clean only.
- 100% Rayon shell
- Fully reversible
- Free-hand machine embroidery
- True to size
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
All measurements are in inches.
This garment has raglan shoulders, so the sleeve and shoulder measurements are combined.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.