MATiAS pieces fall somewhere between avant-garde and vintage workwear, into the realm of "post-heritage" - where the techniques and materials of the past intersect with new ideas and original styles. Designed and manufactured in-house at their LA workshop, MATiAS produce some of the best fits we've experienced, with subtle and sometimes unusual tailoring details, employed deliberately to perfect drape, enhance comfort, & compliment their remarkable fabric choices.
The Somonte Pant is a not an easy pant and not a pair of jeans, but a secret third thing. It's cut with a relaxed top block, featuring full thighs and a comfortable medium-high rise, with legs that taper fairly aggressively down to a slim leg opening. They're assembled in a single-panel construction, with a single seam on each leg, shaping darts in the front and back, no yoke, and a cleanly finished interior just brimming with little peeks of selvedge.
The waistband is its own piece, and contains a selvedge-ID drawstring that can be used to adjust the fit on the fly. The real stars are the pockets, of which there are only two - both zipper pockets feature locking zips that can be affixed into partially open or closed positions for maximum security. These pockets are deep and spacious, more than enough for whatever you were fitting into 5 pockets on your jeans. Meanwhile, the fly zips up with a normal zipper, and then buttons closed with a custom patinated button and toggle closure.
This pair is made from MATiAS' Kura selvedge, an 11.5oz denim that's given a water-free softening treatment that removes the stiffness of the unwashed fabric. Loomed in Japan, it is spun from a 97% cotton and 3% elastane blend, for that little extra bit of comfort without a break-in. Additionally, this fabric will gradually fade over time with wear.
Fits true to size with an adjustable waistband. Spot clean recommended, as the raw fabric may shrink even with a cold wash and hang dry.
- 97% cotton / 3% elastane
- Japanese selvedge denim
- Medium-high rise
- Relaxed top block
- Strong taper
- Drawstring waist
- Zip fly
- Custom hardware
- Selvedge waistband
- Twin locking zip side pockets
- No outseam construction
- Interior selvedge details
- Single panel design with shaping darts
- 90% single needle construction
- Custom labels
- Wash cold, hang dry
- True to size with a relaxed fit
- Designed and produced in Los Angeles, California
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Gen wears a size Medium
Gen's sizing specs are:
6'1 and 180lbs
41" chest and 32" waist
Fits true to size with an adjustable waistband. Spot clean recommended, as the fabric may shrink even with a cold wash and hang dry.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.