Kaptain Sunshine is quite literally a fabric-first brand, having gotten their start as the in-house brand of a fabric mill. Their designer Shinsuke Kojima is able to lean on this to create fabrics that support his vision with unexpected volume and cuts applied to classic concepts.
A truly showstopping trouser, it's got everything we look for in a fancy pant - split waistband, buckle back, internal suspender buttons, and a nice high rise. The leg is mostly straight, with a very subtle taper that's accentuated by the crease on the legs. Two slash pockets and a single welted rear pocket give you places to store things, and the fly closes with buttons.
Sewn up in a 100% silk tweed in a brown HBT, woven using a high count of natural Tussar silk threads to produce a thick, woolen texture. Despite their wooly looks, these have the softness and comfort of silk, as well as a luster that only becomes apparent in person. This unique fabric has an excellent heat retention, making them an obvious winter pant, but they aren't quite as hardcore as a wool pant, allowing you to (hypothetically) wear these for a much greater portion of the year.
True to size. Dry clean only.
- 100% silk
- Brown HBT fabric
- Split waistband at back
- Button fly
- High rise
- Custom labels
- True to size
- Dry clean only
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only shipping international orders (except Canda) via DHL. We've had issues with USPS international shipments becoming lost in transit.
All orders over $500 will ship signature required. Please contact us if you need us to waive signature confirmation.
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.