Viberg is a rare company in footwear these days, continuously owned and operated by the same family since Edwin Viberg turned out the first pair of Service Boots in 1931. Every pair to leave the factory is still finished by Glen Viberg, Ed's son. Continuing on the tradition is Brett, who handles all new product development and sourcing. Under his direction, the factory has added new manufacturing techniques, including Goodyear welted, cemented, and side wall stitched, creating one of the most flexible and capable facilities in the world.
Much like the best denim workshops we work with, the Viberg factory is fully manual with very little automation to be found. For the most part, every pair of Viberg boots starts with careful setting of dies on the hides in the clicker, and is manually cut out. All of the key steps from there are done by hand with the right machine for the job, from upper stitching to bottoming. This rigorous process combined with high-quality leather in the midsoles and uppers create a boot that will likely be with you for life, formed to your feet over time.
The stitchdown Service Boot was the very first boot made by Viberg, and remains their top-seller to this day. Stitchdown construction makes for a bombproof boot that can handle as many resoles as you want to throw at it. Even if you somehow wear through the outsole, it'll still hold together.
These are build on the sleek 2030 last, which evolved from a Canadian military last, with a low profile silhouette and an almond shaped toe. Military lasts tend to be some of the best fitting out there, because they had to work for a huge variety of feet, and be comfortable for endless days spent on foot.
The upper is natural Chromexcel from Horween, a full-grain combination tanned leather with a soft temper, a waxy feel, and a very noticeable pull-up. It makes for great footwear with comfort right out of the box. This is stitched down to a natural midsole, and Dainite outsole for a sleek finish.
Because it is not dyed, natural Chromexcel has a tremendous variation in tone. You can expect these boots to show this variation at first, but over time, they will wear down to a uniform color.
Take one size smaller than your Brannock size. If you have wide feet, take 1/2 size smaller than Brannock.
- Brown Horween Chromexcel
- 2030 last
- Natural midsole
- Antique brass eyelets
- Partially structured toe
- Dainite outsole
- Includes both waxed and rawhide laces
- Take one size smaller than your Brannock size
- Stitchdown construction
- Made in Victoria, BC, Canada
Please note some of our shipping rates have changed.
All orders over $500 will ship signature required. Please contact us if you need us to waive signature confirmation.
In-store pickup: Free
Socks/Bandannas - Free shipping
Orders over $150 - free shipping
Orders under $150 - flat rate of $8 shipping
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 8 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
View our other policies here
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.