These are build on the sleek 2030 last, which evolved from a Canadian military last, with a low profile silhouette and an almond shaped toe. Military lasts tend to be some of the best fitting out there, because they had to work for a huge variety of feet, and be comfortable for endless days spent on foot.
Horween's Dublin English Tan comes from the same "family" of leathers as their Essex and Derby leathers. All three are full grain cowhides, tanned in the same veg-tan blend as Horween's famous Shell Cordovan leathers, and then treated with a mixture of fats, waxes, and oils to hydrate the leather. Dublin leathers are then infused with a wax and heat-treated, resulting in a more sturdy and rigid leather right out the gate.
The English Tan is a warm brown colorway with a gentle shine, subtle grain texture, and an attractive amount of pull-up. The leather breaks in quickly, taking the shape of your foot and relaxing where needed. Over time, the leather will darken in areas not under tension (which will show the most variation, courtesy of the pull-up), but will always take to an easy shine with some neutral wax and a soft brush.
It's finished with a perforated cap toe, 7 polished brass eyelets, and a partially structured toe - the whole thing is standing on the unique and comfortable Ridgeway outsole & heel combo.
Take one size smaller than your Brannock size. If you have wide feet, take 1/2 size smaller than Brannock.
- Dublin English Tan cowhide upper
- 2030 last
- 7 polished brass eyelets
- Perforated cap toe
- Partially structured toe
- Ridgeway outsole & heel
- Includes both flat waxed and rawhide laces
- Take one size smaller than your Brannock size
- Stitchdown construction
- Made in Victoria, BC, Canada
We reference Brannock sizing for our footwear. The Brannock Device is the standard foot measuring tool for the world's footwear industry. Most better quality footwear stores will have one.
Choose 1 size smaller than your Brannock device size.
Choose 0.5 size smaller than your Red Wing Iron Ranger or Alden Barrie last size.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.