Inspired by the success of our first ever Y'2 leather delivery, which included their ultra-heavyweight Eco Horse Car Coat. While we loved this remarkable and gorgeous piece, the leather was excessively thick and stiff, prompting us to revisit the style with a few desired tweaks.
Step one was redesigning the fit - the body length was shortened slightly, with slant welt pockets replacing the top down pockets of the previous model. A single chest pocket was added for extra storage, with another internal pocket for extra security and corozo nut buttons throughout. The inside of the body is lined with a wool blend plaid fabric that insulates well and feels great to wear, with 100% nylon lined sleeves for easy layering.
It's made from a lighter weight version of Y'2's olive eco horse leather, one of our favorite horsehides of all time. Based on racing leathers from the 1930s, this leather is tanned with an excess of oils, and then shrunken by about 20%, granting its additional thickness and stiffness. Over time, it will slowly break in and soften with wear, gradually easing into the shape of your body - but brand new it's the stiffest and heaviest leather jacket we've ever carried. The slightly lighter weight version of it breaks in much faster and wears in easier than the standard Eco Horse leather.
In addition to being nigh-impenetrable, the Olive Eco Horse leather is a real looker. With its rich green highs and lows, beautiful grain texture, and moderate shine, it's a damn handsome jacket. The panels are large and chosen specifically for the smoothest finish and best looking grain, giving a very clean and cohesive finish to a super unique leather jacket.
Fits true to size. Do not wash or dry.
- Olive horsehide from Japan
- 90% wool / 5% polyester / 5% nylon lining
- 100% nylon sleeve lining
- Corozo nut buttons
- Heavy stiff leather
- Waist-length fit
- Two welted hand pockets
- Single internal pocket
- Single chest pocket
- Throat latch collar
- Lowered yoke
- Custom Labels
- Fits true to size
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Gen wears a size 40
Gen's sizing specs are:
6'1 and 180lbs
41" chest and 31" waist
Fits true to size. Do not wash or dry.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.