Our collaboration sneaker with our good friends at TSPTR is based on the military training shoes of the 1950s. These are made at one of the few remaining vulcanized footwear factories in Kurume, Japan under the supervision of the John Lofgren footwear team.
Everything about these is over-the-top compared to your average pair of vulcanized sneakers from the double-needle stitching used everywhere for strength to the heavy-duty eyelets. The dense rubber used for outsoles and foxing will wear in, rather than wear out, over time, producing a slipper-like fit and exceptional comfort.
Well known in Japan for their high-quality cotton fabrics, Fujikinbai was the logical choice for us to source the canvas for the uppers on the white and navy colorways; along with the linings for all three colorways. This high density canvas is tightly woven at their mills in Takashima from Japanese-grown cotton. It will only get better with wear, pairing well with the nature of vulcanized footwear.
These run large, size down a half-size from your size in Chucks or Vans.
- Heavy-duty eyelets
- 100% cotton Japanese canvas
- Taped seams for comfort
- Doubled stitched stress points for strength
- Double insoles
- Handmade in Japan
- These run large by about one half-size
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only shipping international orders (except Canda) via DHL. We've had issues with USPS international shipments becoming lost in transit.
All orders over $500 will ship signature required. Please contact us if you need us to waive signature confirmation.
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.