Our collaboration sneaker with our good friends at TSPTR is based on the military training shoes of the 1950s. These are made at one of the few remaining vulcanized footwear factories in Kurume, Japan under the supervision of the John Lofgren footwear team.
Everything about these is over-the-top compared to your average pair of vulcanized sneakers from the double-needle stitching used everywhere for strength to the heavy-duty eyelets. The dense rubber used for outsoles and foxing will wear in, rather than wear out, over time, producing a slipper-like fit and exceptional comfort.
The camo style uses the USMC 'standard' or 'wine leaf' pattern from the 1950's printed on Japanese canvas. It was never deployed in uniforms, only in shelters and helmet covers; however riggers and local tailors would create whatever garment was needed from the tents and available rolls of the fabric. The lining is from Fujikinbai in Takashima, known as the producer of the highest quality canvas in Japan, woven from Japanese-grown cotton.
These run large, size down a half-size from your size in Chucks or Vans.
- Heavy-duty eyelets
- Taped seams for comfort
- Doubled stitched stress points for strength
- Double insoles
- Handmade in Japan
- These run large by about one half-size
In-store pickup: Free
Socks/Bandannas - free shipping
Orders over $150 - free shipping
Orders under $150 - flat rate of $8 shipping
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $30
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $30
Rest of World Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $20
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 8 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $30
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.