The name of the Boss Pant by One Yofukuten refers to their most striking feature: the continuous fly. The namesake overalls featuring this detail were the "Boss of the Road" by The Neustadter Brothers dating back to 1850. The design was patented by David Neustadter in 1877, with the stated goal of making fly construction simpler and stronger.
The rest of the details on these are straight from the 1910’s. They feature a higher rise with suspender buttons, a buckle back with a WW1-era dead-stock iron buckle from Germany, and the double-knee mentioned above. 100% cotton thread hold them together.
These are sewn up in an exclusive unsanforized 11oz denim, made up in a mix of natural and synthetic indigos. This denim shrinks to about a 12.5oz after a hot soak.
As with all Ooe Yofukuten jeans, they are sewn one pair at a time by husband and wife team Ryo and Hiro Yofukuten at their workshop in Ichinomiya, Japan. Ryo does all the patterns and cutting, while Hiro sews every pair. Their workshop is in a textile factory building from the 1890’s, filled with restored vintage sewing machines (which are lovingly maintained their close friend Mr. Matsuoka, nationally recognized by Japan for his sewing machine repair skills).
With a hot soak, they will shrink approximately 2.5” in the waist, of which you’ll gain back 1 to 1.5” in stretch. Our recommendation is to take a size 2” up from your usual jeans; or your true waist size (often 2” larger than the tag size for your denim). For example, if you wear a size 34 in most denim, take the 36”. If you want a roomier fit, size up accordingly.
- 11oz unsanforized natural and synthetic indigo blend denim (will shrink to 12.5oz)
- 100% cotton denim
- 100% cotton thread
- Continuous fly
- Extra-deep pocket bags
- 2-prong iron buttons
- "Union Made" Suspender buttons
- High rise with a tapered leg
- Double knee
- WW1 era deadstock buckle (iron japanned finish)
- Runs small, and will shrink, take 2” larger than your usual denim size
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Made by hand on vintage machines in Ichinomiya, Japan
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches and raw.
Waist will shrink between 2" and 2.5" with a hot soak, then stretch out 1" to 1.5".
Inseam will shrink to 36". Thigh, knee, and leg opening will all shrink between 0.5" and 0.75"; rise will shrink roughly 1".
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only shipping international orders (except Canda) via DHL. We've had issues with USPS international shipments becoming lost in transit.
All orders over $500 will ship signature required. Please contact us if you need us to waive signature confirmation.
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
View our other policies here
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.