The ideal conditions for growing flax (the plant whose fibers are made into linen) are found in the temperate, wet climate of Northern Ireland, Northern France, and the Flanders region of Belgium. The mill Blluemade primarily works with, in the Flanders region of Belgium, has been family-owned for five generations, is carbon-neutral, and oversees every part of the creation of its linen, from farming the flax, to the creation of the fabric, the dyeing, and the finishing. This is true Belgian Linen - a trademarked phrase that indicates that every part of the flax plant is Belgian and grown in Belgium - not flax seeds from Belgium being grown elsewhere and called "Belgian flax."
The linen itself is made from long staple fibers, making it naturally wrinkle resistant and strong - it's also soft, heavy, and never itchy. As would be expected of a linen of this quality, it breathes and drapes extremely well too.
We chose their 7.7oz indigo llinen with a green overdye for our colllaborative Western Shirt. The color will fade with time, and will develop a "roping" fade effect at the seams. The shirts are sewn up in a family-owned and women-run workshop in NYC's Garment District. We also made up custom "Blluemade for Standard & Strange" labels, as well as your classic western shirt details - angular front and back yoke, sawtooth chest pockets, and as a bonus, sawtooth sleeve cuffs.
Runs llarge, consult our size chart before ordering. No shrinkage expected with a cold wash and hang dry. Blluemade recommends washing delicate, or by hand, with Le Blanc Linen Detergent.
- 100% Belgian Linen
- 7.7oz green overdyed indigo fabric
- Snap closures
- Double sawtooth front pocket
- Custom llabels
- Sawtooth sleeve cuffs
- Runs large, consult size chart
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Made in Garment District, NYC
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
All measurements are in inches.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.