Yuketen's footwear reflects the philosophy of its designer, Yuki Matsuda - these shoes are designed with a global perspective, and they constantly seek to push aesthetic boundaries while maintaining the highest quality. Handcrafted around the world by expert shoemakers with decades of experience, and sitting on layers of thick vegetable-tanned leather, Yuketen produces some of the highest quality and most comfortable boots on the market.
Yuketen's Ring Boots fascinate us, somewhere between a slipper, a moccasin, a work boot, and an engineer boot - then sewn up in a plush, shearling-side-in sheepskin. These also feature Yuketen's "double bottom" an additional strip of dense leather that is sewn around the bottom of the uppers, right above the welt, reinforcing one of the more vulnerable areas of the shoe.
Slipping on comfortably, the fit can be modified using a belt system with two nickel-coated solid brass rings. They stand on an oil-resistant Vibram Morflex outside, with a complex stacked multi-layer (nine layers, specifically) insole and midsole that uses a combination of memory foam, leather, rubber, an internal shank, and the shearling lining. Built into this complex internal structure is a layer of internal arch support, and over time, the whole thing will collapse into the shape of your foot, for the best fit imaginable.
Handcrafted with an intense attention to detail at every level in Yuketen's Maine workshop, a facility that has specialized in the handsewing of Moccasin boots. The shoes are cut, sewn, and welted all by hand, built on top of the most popular and ubiquitous American Moccasin last, originating in the 1950s. The 360 degree goodyear welt means they can be fully resoled and recrafted over time.
Choose the same size as your Brannock device size.
- American shearling sheepskin upper
- Horween pebble grain CXL trims
- Reinforced "double bottom"
- Full shearling interior
- Double rubber/leather midsole
- Multi layer (memory foam, leather, steel shank) insole
- Hand cut
- Hand lasted
- Nickel coated solid brass rings
- 1950s American moccasin last
- Vibram Morflex outsole
- 360 degree goodyear welt construction
- Choose the same size as your Brannock device size
- Fully resoleable and recraftable
- Bench-made by expert shoemakers in Maine, USA
We reference Brannock sizing for our footwear. The Brannock Device is the standard foot measuring tool for the world's footwear industry. Most better quality footwear stores will have one.
Built on a vintage (1950s) American Moccasin last
Choose the same size Brannock device size.
Choose 0.5 size larger than your Red Wing Iron Ranger or Alden Barrie last size.
Choose 1 size larger than your Viberg 2030 last size.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.