Former S&S resident Michael Masterson has stepped out of shirt-retirement for a moment to release his 46th shirt: Confections of Ani. Sewn on his collection of vintage Singer machines in LA, every step and every detail has been done by his own two hands from cutting the fabric to snipping loose threads.
The fabric is a recycled selvedge denim by Candiani. Old jeans are broken down and the fibers respun, then rope dyed before weaving, creating new from old. The yoke and cuffs are lined in a 1950's candy print, and the label has original art by Yurika Shikai.
There are a total of 9 thread changes across the garment, including hand-stitched and tied bubblegum pink thread running up the placket. The buttons are a custom-dyed resin just for this shirt.
This is a truly limited edition. 32 pieces were made with only 10 available for purchase.
True to size. Minimal shrink with a cold wash and hang dry.
- 100% cotton
- Recycled selvedge denim from Candiani
- Vintage 1950's candy print lining on yoke and cuffs
- Custom label art by Yurika Shikai
- Custom dyed resin buttons
- Bubblegum pink thread
- 9 thread changes across the garment
- Wash cold, hand dry
- True to size
- Made by Michael Masterson in Los Angeles
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only shipping international orders (except Canda) via DHL. We've had issues with USPS international shipments becoming lost in transit.
All orders over $500 will ship signature required. Please contact us if you need us to waive signature confirmation.
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
View our other policies here
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.