THIS IS A PRE-ORDER PRODUCT
ORDERS WILL SHIP BY AUGUST 10, 2020
All revenue from this shirt will be paid to staff at our Oakland and Santa Fe stores.
With everything else happening in the world right now, it can be easy to lose sight of the pandemic that continues to rage around us. We’ve done a great job through the pandemic of supporting our team, and they’ve done a hell of a job persevering through some hard times. We’re running this tee (and one for our Santa Fe location) again to show our commitment to them by bolstering our staff’s pay.
All of the profits from these tees will go directly to our team as a bonus on top of their salaries. The profit is defined as everything left after fabric, sewing, shipping, credit card fees, and our 2% donation to charity.
The design brings together the Sukajan (an item of particular fascination within our shop) together with a commemoration of the tour of duty we’re all on right now.
The Sukajan style originates in the port city of Yokosuka - the name of the jacket is a portmanteu of Yokosuka and "Janpa" (the Japanesewasei-eigo, pseudo-anglicism of "jumper"). These jackets were originally taken home by US soldiers as souvenirs starting immediately post-WW2. In the 1970s, Japanese youth adopted the style as well.
This graphic is printed on the newest iteration of our Telegraph Tee, our simple classic t-shirt. These tees are 100% made in Los Angeles - the knitting, cutting, sewing, dyeing, screenprinting and woven labels are all done within a 25 mile radius of downtown Los Angeles.
Our previous tee factory went out of business during the pandemic (and took our labels and blank tees with them), so we’ve had to start over from scratch to continue our Telegraph Tee. Andrew from Freenote Cloth has done right by us, and donated many hours of his time to help us source new fabric and new sewing facilities in Los Angeles.
The fabric for the new version of the Telegraph Tee is a 8oz, 30/1 American-grown cotton spun, dyed, and knit in Los Angeles. The 30/1 count works like this - there's 840 yards of single-ply (that’s where the 1 comes from) cotton thread on a spool, and the number 30 refers to how many spools in a pound. The higher the number, the finer the yarn, and the softer the shirt. Above 40/1, the fabric becomes too fine to wear in most cases, and we chose 30/1 as a happy medium between a soft hand and a long life.
- All profits goes directly to our team
- 100% 8oz cotton
- 30/1 yarn count jersey fabric
- Micro-denier damask weave labels
- True to size
- Wash cold, hang dry
- No shrinkage expected with cold wash and hang dry
- Made in Los Angeles
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches. True to size. No shrinkage expected with cold wash and hang dry
Please note some of our shipping rates have changed.
All orders over $500 will ship signature required. Please contact us if you need us to waive signature confirmation.
In-store pickup: Free
Socks/Bandannas - Free shipping
Orders over $150 - free shipping
Orders under $150 - flat rate of $8 shipping
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 8 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
View our other policies here
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.