This is a pre-order item.
PRE-ORDER: $450 DEPOSIT / $840 RETAIL - SHIPS DECEMBER 2019
View our footwear pre-order terms and conditions
The original M-43 service shoe that serves as the model for these was issued in 1943, with the rivetless version starting in 1944. The basic specifications for this boot were very simple. Composition sole, welted construction, natural combination-tanned rough-out cowhide, all built up on the Munson last with an unstructured toe. The goal was to have a cost-effective, durable shoe for all forms of combat conditions. Multiple variants popped up across the armed forces, including version for the Marines and the Navy, all with the same basic template.
Late in the war, US boot factories were cranking out an astounding number of boots to keep up with demand. In the field, these would only last 6-8 weeks in wet tropical Pacific Theatre. There was a spec to follow, but we like to imagine that somewhere along the way, a contractor ran out of steer hides and had to go over to horsehide. Whether or not that happened, these also happen to have the look of a dubbed pair of rough-out M-43s, just without the hard work.
These are made from Italian horsehide, vegetable tanned in Italy, and aniline finished in Japan. The same exacting standards that apply to all of Lofgren’s boots apply here, including the careful selection of inputs to ensure the highest quality product possible. Of course, they’re still built around the absolute best last around, the Munson, which fits pretty much every foot imaginable.
This 10th anniversary production run is beyond limited. Once we run out, we're out for good.
- Special 10th Anniversary Model
- Dark Brown horsehide leather vegetable tanned in Italy, aniline finished in Japan
- Munson last
- Leather midsole
- Goodyear welt
- USA made Vibram 705 sole with 700 heel
- Made In Japan
Choose 1 size smaller than your Brannock device size.
Choose 0.5 size smaller than your Red Wing Iron Ranger or Alden Barrie last size.
Choose the same size as your Viberg 2030 last size.
In-store pickup: Free
Socks/Bandannas - free shipping
Orders over $150 - free shipping
Orders under $150 - flat rate of $8 shipping
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $30
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $30
Rest of World Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $20
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 8 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $30
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.