This is a pre-order item for delivery in July 2019.
PRE-ORDER EXTENDED TO APRIL 21st
PRE-ORDER: $400 DEPOSIT / $775 TOTAL PRICE - SHIPS JULY 2019.
View our footwear pre-order terms and conditions
Our Van Cleef series has been our top-selling collaboration with Wesco for several years now. Using undyed vegetable tanned leather - these boots will age dramatically with wear as they darken by exposure to UV light and absorb oils and dirt.
Based on a 1930s style engineer boot from the Wesco archives, the Van Cleef series all feature triple needle stitching on the vamp and heel counter, double needle stitching on the top of the shaft, and our favorite - vee stitching on the back stays. Nordic brass buckles hold the straps together atop a Vibram 700 outsole and heel. Unlike the prior two editions, this one is a full 11” height.
This time around, we’ve had Wesco use their nail down construction rather than stitch down, and we’ve changed up the leather to Horween Essex in Natural. This leather needs no break-in and is instantly comfortable on the foot. It will still take on patina and character in the same as the prior ways. The shaft diameter has been narrowed by 1.5 inches to allow a snugger fit and denims with slim leg openings will fit easily over the boot.
In Wesco’s standard stitch down construction the vamp and counter flare out and are stitched to the midsole and the outsole; in naildown, the vamp and counter are wrapped under the insole, and nailed down all the way around the boot. The midsole is then nailed to this stack of leather, and finally, the outsole is attached with a single row on a Rapid E machine. This produces a sleeker boot with a vintage look that can still be re-soled and re-built like all Wesco boots.
NOTE: This leather is undyed - there will be natural variations in color, texture and grain, and there may be small marks, nicks, spots on the boots which we consider normal.
Sizing notes: Choose your same size as Red Wing Iron Ranger or Alden Barrie last in one width wider (eg 10D -> 10E).
If you own a pair of Wesco 7400 Engineer boots - choose the same size.
These boots run 1 width narrow, sizing up to an E width is recommended. Contact us for help with sizing on these boots.
Other and custom sizes available - choose other size/custom and email us to finalize the details.
- Horween Natural Essex undyed vegetable tanned leather
- Naildown construction
- Unstructured toe
- Shaft narrowed by 1.5 inches
- Motor Patrol 1339 last
- Vibram 700 outsole and heel
- Natural edge midsoles
- Spring steel shanks
- Nordic brass buckles
- 1” longer instep strap
- Triple needle vamp and heel counter stitching
- Double needle stitching at top of shaft
- Vee stitching on backstay
In-store pickup: Free
Socks/Bandannas - free shipping
Orders over $150 - free shipping
Orders under $150 - flat rate of $8 shipping
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $30
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $30
Rest of World Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $20
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 8 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $30
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.